LAKELAND, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)
LAKELAND, TEXAS (Nacogdoches County). Lakeland was a sawmill community 4½ miles northeast of Appleby on the Southern Pacific line in northeastern Nacogdoches County. The community was named for a lake used by the Mayo Lumber Company as a log pond. The Lakeland population around 1940 was twenty. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.