LAKE BARBARA, TX
LAKE BARBARA, TEXAS. Lake Barbara was a community near a small lake of the same name, ten miles south of Angleton and east of State Highway 288 and the Missouri Pacific line in southeastern Brazoria County. Originally part of Clute, the community became part of the Brazosportqv industrial and port community sometime after 1944. The town incorporated as Lake Barbara Village in August 1954 and adopted a home-rule charter in 1957. In 1961 the community had a population of 477 and four businesses. In 1966 its population was 500, and in 1974 it reached a high of 625. Lake Barbara was consolidated with Clute by 1976.
Brazosport Facts, December 17, 1957. James A. Creighton, A Narrative History of Brazoria County (Angleton, Texas: Brazoria County Historical Commission, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "LAKE BARBARA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl11), accessed April 18, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.