KITTIE, TEXAS. Kittie, sometimes misspelled as Kittle, and sometimes known as Kittie West, was a rural community two miles south of Three Rivers on U.S. Highway 281 in central Live Oak County. The community was named for Kittie West, the wife of George Washington West, who founded it about 1915. The town eventually had a hotel, a school, and a depot on the San Antonio, Uvalde and Gulf Railroad. Plans to develop the town more completely were suspended when the developer died in 1926, but thousands of cattle were loaded and unloaded from trains there. A 1936 map showed a few scattered houses at Kittie. The town's school was consolidated into the George West Independent School District in 1943. A 1984 map showed nothing at the townsite.
Ervin L. Sparkman, The People's History of Live Oak County (Mesquite, Texas, 1981).