HAILSBURG, TEXAS. Hailsburg, also known as Hailsville, was ten miles southwest of Crockett near the site of present Porter Springs in southwestern Houston County. A post office under the name Hailsburg opened there in 1867 but closed the next year. In the 1870s the community had several stores and a number of houses, and by the early 1880s it reported a population of 100. By the mid-1930s it was no longer shown on the county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HAILSBURG, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvhcp), accessed April 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.