HYNDS CITY, TX
HYNDS CITY, TEXAS. Hynds City, on Farm Road 103 eight miles north of Nocona in north central Montague County, developed in 1925, when oil production began in the area. It was named for Robert L. Hynds and served local oil production workers. The 1984 county highway map showed a church and three businesses at Hynds City.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "HYNDS CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvhbb), accessed April 18, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.