HETTY, TEXAS. Hetty was midway between Quinlan and Greenville in south central Hunt County. It was one of several communities established in the early 1890s by the president of the Texas-Midland Railroad, Edward H. R. Green, and was named in honor of his mother, Hetty Green. The Hetty community had a post office from 1901 to 1907. Like many railroad communities established in the late 1800s, Hetty eventually declined. By the mid-1940s it was merely a switch on the Midland line.
W. Walworth Harrison, History of Greenville and Hunt County, Texas (Waco: Texian, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "HETTY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh58), accessed October 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.