HARDY'S CHAPEL, TX
HARDY'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. Hardy's Chapel was off Farm Road 638 twenty-one miles southwest of Corsicana in extreme southwestern Navarro County. The town grew up around a church of the same name, probably after the Civil War. A school operating there in the 1880s was discontinued by 1900. In the mid-1930s Hardy's Chapel had a store and a number of houses. Its estimated population in 1940 was twenty-five. By the mid-1960s the town was no longer shown on highway maps. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HARDY'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh19), accessed May 23, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.