GROVER, TEXAS. Grover was near the intersection of State Highway 80 and Farm Road 968, five miles southwest of Marshall in southwestern Harrison County. It was settled before 1896, when a voting box was located in the community. In 1904 the Grover school district had six schools serving 333 black students and two schools serving sixty-one white students. The community, though not identified on the 1948 county highway map, that year comprised three businesses and a number of scattered dwellings. In 1991 a Baptist church was at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "GROVER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg86), accessed May 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.