GHOLSON, TX (LAMPASAS COUNTY)
GHOLSON, TEXAS (Lampasas County). Gholson, three miles south of Evant in northern Lampasas County, was formed in 1855, when Benjamin Franklin Gholson, a member of the Texas Rangersqv, established ranch headquarters there on Owl Creek. Community residents were engaged in stock raising and farming. Gholson was not shown on the 1939 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "GHOLSON, TX (LAMPASAS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg18), accessed November 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles