FLAT PRAIRIE, TX (WASHINGTON COUNTY)
FLAT PRAIRIE, TEXAS (Washington County). Flat Prairie (Flatprairie) is on Farm Road 594 a mile south of Somerville Lake in northwestern Washington County. On April 9, 1913, a United States post office was established there with Eugene E. Williams as postmaster. William Thomas was in charge of the community's post office when it closed on November 30, 1914, and mail was rerouted through Burton. The 1984 county highway map showed only a church and cemetery at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carole E. Christian, "FLAT PRAIRIE, TX (WASHINGTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf79), accessed March 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.