FELDER, TEXAS. Felder, twelve miles northeast of Brenham in eastern Washington County, received a post office in February 1890 with Samuel Buchanan as postmaster. In 1892 the community had a general store, cotton mill, and gin. Wilson C. Hogan served as Felder's postmaster from December 1900 until the post office closed in September 1907. The mail for the community was then sent to Chappell Hill. Felder is not labeled on the 1942 county highway map.
Henry Gannett, A Gazetteer of Texas (U.S. Geological Survey Bulletin 190, Series F, Washington: GPO, 1902; 2d ed., U.S.G.S. Bulletin 224, 1904).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carole E. Christian, "FELDER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf75), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.