FERGUSON, TEXAS. Ferguson, south of Turpentine in northwestern Jasper County, was established in 1928 as a postal stop for the nearby lumber camp at New Blox and named for W. A. Ferguson, its first postmaster. The population at Ferguson grew to about fifty before New Blox was abandoned by the loggers in the mid-1930s. The Ferguson post office was removed in 1933. By 1949 Ferguson was no longer listed in the Texas Almanac's list of towns and post office villages.
Jasper County Scrapbook, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "FERGUSON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf15), accessed April 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.