FASKEN, TEXAS. Fasken, in east central Andrews County, was established in 1917 by the Midland Farms Company as a speculative enterprise. Since the site was on the newly built Midland and Northwestern Railway, it was hoped that substantial numbers of settlers would move there. The community soon had a depot, store, hotel, barbershop, school, and zoo, and many town lots were sold, but few buyers actually took up residence. In 1923 heavy rains destroyed much of the track, and the railroad was abandoned. Fasken rapidly declined and had completely vanished by the early 1930s.
Andrews County History, 1876–1978 (Andrews, Texas: Andrews County Heritage Committee, 1978). Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, The Encyclopedia of Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas, 1982).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "FASKEN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf10), accessed May 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.