ELM GROVE, TX (DALLAS COUNTY)
ELM GROVE, TEXAS (Dallas County). Elm Grove was five miles northeast of Rowlett and four miles southeast of Sachse in northern Dallas County. It was in the original survey of J. Doen and F. T. Gaines and was settled in the late 1870s, when a local school and a church were named for their location in a grove of elms. In 1940 the community had two stores and a population of twenty-five. It received mail from Wylie. In the 1980s all that remained in the area was a church.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."ELM GROVE, TX (DALLAS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/HVE22), accessed March 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.