EATON, TX (ROBERTSON COUNTY)
EATON, TEXAS (Robertson County). Eaton, just east of Farm Road 2446 and nine miles southeast of Franklin in central Robertson County, was named for D. C. Eaton, postmaster when a post office was granted in 1900. The office was discontinued in 1905. The community reported a population of fifty around 1910. In 1942 Eaton had a church, a school, and a few scattered dwellings. In the late 1980s scattered dwellings and a church remained at Eaton, which was still listed as a community in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Richard Allen Burns, "EATON, TX (ROBERTSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hve08), accessed November 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles