DUBOSE, TEXAS. Dubose was on the Texas-Mexican Railway fifteen miles southwest of Benavides in southern Duval County. A post office was established there in 1911 with John F. Dubose, after whom the community was named, as postmaster. In 1914 the community had a general store and cotton gin. Estimates of the Dubose population remained at twenty-five from the mid-1920s to the mid-1940s. Its post office was closed in 1929, and the community no longer appeared on maps of the area by the late 1940s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Martin Donell Kohout, "DUBOSE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvd38), accessed May 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.