DECKER, TX (NOLAN COUNTY)
DECKER, TEXAS (Nolan County). Decker was eight miles northwest of the site that became Blackwell in south central Nolan County. A post office, named for A. F. Decker, postmaster of the Sweetwater office, was established there in 1892 with Sarah A. Jones as postmistress; it was discontinued and moved to Maryneal in 1917. Little evidence of the settlement remained by 1947. County maps in 1980 showed a Decker Lane cemetery in the vicinity.
Jim Wheat, More Ghost Towns of Texas (Garland, Texas: Lost and Found, 1971). E. L. Yeats and Hooper Shelton, History of Nolan County (Sweetwater, Texas: Shelton, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "DECKER, TX (NOLAN COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvd13), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.