DANVILLE, TX (COMAL COUNTY)
DANVILLE, TEXAS (Comal County). Danville, on Dry Comal Creek and the Old San Antonio Road some eight miles southwest of New Braunfels in southern Comal County, was settled in 1848 when William Bracken issued power of attorney to John Jamesqv to sell land granted to Bracken in 1847. Several German families farmed the area. A post office opened in William Klaus's store in 1875 and operated until 1894, when a rural delivery route from New Braunfels was established. The Danville school opened in 1863 and operated until after World War II, when it was consolidated with other districts in southern Comal County to form the Comal elementary school.
Oscar Haas, History of New Braunfels and Comal County, Texas, 1844–1946 (Austin: Steck, 1968).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "DANVILLE, TX (COMAL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvd05), accessed August 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.