DAMERON CITY, TX
DAMERON CITY, TEXAS. Dameron City, about 1½ miles from the old Midkiff post office in southeastern Midland County, was established in 1911. The townsite was promoted by two men named Willis and Kersner and may have been named after another promoter. Although some construction occurred there and a school was started, the community was abandoned two years later when its founders went broke. Workmen from Midland lumberyards salvaged much of the townsite's building material.
Midland County Historical Society, The Pioneer History of Midland County, Texas, 1880–1926 (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).