CEDAR POINT, TX
CEDAR POINT, TEXAS. Cedar Point, east of Beach City in extreme west central Chambers County, was the site of the Sam Houston's summer home on Trinity Bay known as Raven Moor. Houston purchased the home from John Iiamqv's wife, Tabitha Harris, in 1837 and used it until 1862. A centennial marker was placed near the site in 1936 and a county historical marker in 1986. A highly productive nearby oilfield developed in 1935 and was named for Cedar Point.
Jewel Horace Harry, A History of Chambers County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940; rpt., Dallas: Taylor, 1981). Margaret S. Henson and Kevin Ladd, Chambers County: A Pictorial History (Norfolk, Virginia: Donning, 1988).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "CEDAR POINT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc96), accessed July 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.