CASTLEBERRY, TEXAS. Castleberry was in an area that became the west side of Fort Worth in Tarrant County. It was a separate community from 1940 to 1947. Residents decided to incorporate in response to the dramatic population growth brought about by the construction of nearby Carswell Air Force Base and the Fort Worth Quartermaster Depot,qqv both activated in 1942. By the end of World War II Castleberry's population exceeded 5,000. In 1947 the community was annexed by Fort Worth.
Janet L. Schmelzer, Where the West Begins: Fort Worth and Tarrant County (Northridge, California: Windsor, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "CASTLEBERRY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc31), accessed April 18, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.