CALLAGHAN, TEXAS. Callaghan (Callahan) was established in 1881 as a cattle shipping point on the International and Great Northern Railroad in Webb County. The settlement was named for Charles Callaghan of the Callaghan Ranch. A post office operated there under the name Callahan in 1880–81. The Callaghan Ranch was still operating in the 1980s, but by that time the community was gone.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen Gratke, "CALLAGHAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc12), accessed April 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.