CADDO, TX (MILAM COUNTY)
CADDO, TEXAS (Milam County). Caddo (Caddo Springs) was a farming community on Farm Road 2027 two miles northwest of Baileyville in northern Milam County. It was supposedly named for an Indian campground. Area schools were part of the Baileyville system until the early 1970s, when they were consolidated with the Rosebud Independent School District in Falls County.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "CADDO, TX (MILAM COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc05), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.