BUSTER, TEXAS. Buster, on Farm Road 182 five miles south of Turnersville in northern Coryell County, was named for J. V. (Jack) Buster, who had a farm and ranch in the vicinity in 1872 and who gave land for a school in 1883. The school had sixty students and one teacher in 1904; it was consolidated with the Turnersville school in 1929. No evidence of Buster was shown on the 1988 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Zelma Scott, "BUSTER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvbav), accessed August 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.