BUESING, TEXAS. Buesing was a German community at the junction of Farm roads 952 and 2656, seven miles west of Yorktown in western DeWitt County. The community center was the Buesing School, organized in 1914 and named for Henry Buesing, who donated the land. A store was built near the school in 1931 and was still shown on the 1965 county highway map. The Buesing school operated until 1950. In the 1980s the locale was called Cotton Patch.
Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Craig H. Roell, "BUESING, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvbae), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.