BENNETT, TX (YOAKUM COUNTY)
BENNETT, TEXAS (Yoakum County). Bennett was a ranch community six miles northeast of Denver City in Yoakum County. It developed as an oilfield-supply center after the discovery of oil in 1936. At that time there was a church in Bennett, but the post office was in Denver City. In 1948 Bennett had a school and a few businesses, but by 1964 the town no longer appeared on maps.
Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin. Yoakum County Historical Commission, Yoakum County (Dallas: Taylor, 1985).