APEX, TEXAS. Apex was at the head of Cold Creek, eight miles southwest of Cherokee in southwestern San Saba County. The community was founded by Warren Potter, justice of the peace, as a trade center for local ranchers. For several years it had a voting box. A post office was maintained in the Potter home in 1880–81, then replaced by the post office at Algerita. The recorded population of Apex in 1884 was twenty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alice Gray Upchurch, "APEX, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hva23), accessed August 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.