TRUCE, TEXAS. Truce, a farming community on State Highway 59 fifteen miles northeast of Jacksboro in northeastern Jack County, was named after a local early settler. It has served as a community center for area farmers, and for most of its history has had an estimated population of twenty-five. The Truce post office opened in 1893 and was closed by 1905.
Thomas F. Horton, History of Jack County (Jacksboro, Texas: Gazette Print, 193-?).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "TRUCE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htt08), accessed May 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.