LOUETTA, TEXAS. Louetta was on the Burlington-Rock Island line at the crossing of the Spring and Cypress roads, twenty-five miles north of Houston in northern Harris County. A post office operated there from 1907 to 1935. In 1915 Louetta had a syrup and sugar manufacturer, two sawmills, a cotton gin, and a gristmill. The community began to decline in the late 1890s as nearby Klein developed, and by 1930 Louetta reported a population of fifteen and two businesses. It had disappeared by 1946, and in the 1980s only two abandoned railroad stations and the Memorial Chase subdivision remained near the townsite.
The Heritage of North Harris County (n.p.: North Harris County Branch, American Association of University Women, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "LOUETTA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htl20), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.