BRUMLEY, TEXAS. Brumley, on Farm Road 2454 eleven miles northwest of Gilmer in northern Upshur County, was settled before 1900. A school was operating there around 1900, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of eighty-three. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a store, and a number of scattered houses; the estimated population in 1940 was twenty. After World War II the Brumley school was consolidated with that of Union Hill, and by the mid-1960s all that remained of Brumley was a church and a few widely scattered houses. In 1990 the church was still there.
Doyal T. Loyd, History of Upshur County (Waco: Texian Press, 1987).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "BRUMLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htb20), accessed March 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.