BROADVIEW, TEXAS. Broadview is on U.S. Highway 84 and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway, within a mile of the northwestern city limit of Lubbock in Lubbock County. A small settlement grew up around a Santa Fe switch, named Broadview by railroad company officials, when the line built through the area in 1913. The rural school of North West Ward existed for a time near the switch and also served as a church for various denominations. A man named Watson established the Broadview gin in 1932. Although businesses and expanding developments have all but enveloped the area, the Broadview gin and railroad switch operated into the mid-1980s. In 1978 the Broadview Baptist Church was established on Farm Road 2528, about two miles southwest of the rail switch. Church membership in the mid-1980s was some 400.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "BROADVIEW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htb19), accessed March 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.