WHITE'S CHAPEL, TX
WHITE'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. White's Chapel was a rural community just west of Corsicana at the junction of State Highway 22 and Farm Road 744 in central Navarro County. It was probably established before 1900 and named for an early church. A school had an enrollment of fifty-three in 1906. In the mid-1930s White's Chapel had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II the area was annexed by Corsicana, and by the early 1990s only the church marked the site of the former community. No population estimates were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "WHITE'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwvw), accessed October 13, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.