WOODARD, TEXAS. Woodard, a rural community eighteen miles southeast of Paris off Farm Road 1503 in southeastern Lamar County, was first settled before 1900. A school was in operation by 1906, when it had an enrollment of twenty-four. During the mid-1930s the community had a school and a number of houses; several stores were also located in the area. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and few scattered dwellings remained. No population estimates were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "WOODARD, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwsd), accessed September 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.