WILLOW SPRINGS, TX (RAINS COUNTY)
WILLOW SPRINGS, TEXAS (Rains County). Willow Springs is off Farm Road 3274 four miles south of Emory in southern Rains County. It was first settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation by 1904, when it had an enrollment of ninety-three. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few houses remained. In 1990 the reported population was fifty. The population remained the same in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "WILLOW SPRINGS, TX (RAINS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwrc), accessed November 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles