VALLEY VIEW, TX (MITCHELL COUNTY)
VALLEY VIEW, TEXAS (Mitchell County). Valley View is on Wolf Creek one mile north of Farm Road 1982, eleven miles northeast of Colorado City, and two miles south of the Scurry county line in northeast Mitchell County. A school was established in the area in 1906 and named Valley View by Sid H. Hart because of the exceptional landscape. By 1930 the school was attended by 105 students and the district comprised seventeen square miles. A church, a school, and one business were reported in 1936, although by 1947 only the church remained. The Valley View school district was discontinued and divided between Buford and Loraine in 1942. County maps of the 1980s showed the rural community as having no active businesses.
History of Colorado City and Mitchell County, Vol. 1. ed. Mac B. McKinnon (Colorado City, Texas: Colorado City Record, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "VALLEY VIEW, TX (MITCHELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrv03), accessed May 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.