UNITY, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)
UNITY, TEXAS (Lamar County). Unity is on Farm Road 79 fourteen miles northwest of Paris in northwestern Lamar County. The site was settled soon after the Civil War. A post office called Dixie served the community from 1890 to 1905. During the 1930s Unity had a church, a school, a store, and a number of houses; the estimated population in 1936 was twenty-five. After World War II many of the residents moved out of the area, and by the mid-1960s the store and school had closed. In the early 1990s Unity was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "UNITY, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hru03), accessed May 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.