TESLA, TEXAS. Tesla was off State Highway 7 twenty-seven miles east of Crockett in extreme eastern Houston County. It was established in the early 1890s and acquired a post office in 1894. At its height around the turn of the century, the settlement comprised a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses. The post office closed in 1910, and by the mid-1930s the town no longer appeared on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "TESLA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtjc), accessed March 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.