TYPE, TEXAS. Type is on Dry Brushy Creek three miles southeast of Coupland and two miles from the Bastrop county line in southeast Williamson County. The Type school, which had thirty-eight pupils in 1903, dates from 1900. A Bastrop County post office was established in Type in 1902 with August Smith as postmaster; it closed in 1904. A crossroads community was settled in the early 1900s by Swedish emigrants a mile north of the site of the school, and a Swedish Evangelical Church was organized at Type in 1908. The community had a population of twenty and one business in 1940 and was listed as a Bastrop County town by the Texas Almanac of that year. The school at Type was merged with the Coupland school in 1945. In 1949 Type had forty inhabitants and two businesses. The population remained stable at forty inhabitants through 2000, and in 1999 the community had a single business, the Type Store.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "TYPE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt39), accessed August 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.