TEBO, TEXAS. Tebo is on Farm Road 1 between Tebo and Tiger creeks eleven miles northwest of Hemphill in northwestern Sabine County. This small, dispersed community received a post office in 1886. In 1890 the community had a gin, a mill, and a population estimated at twenty. By 1896 a one-room, one-teacher school had been added and had twenty-two students. The post office was closed in 1918, and in 1946 the community comprised only a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses. By 1987 only the cemetery remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "TEBO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt38), accessed September 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.