TOLLETTE, TEXAS. Tollette is just off U.S. Highway 271 ten miles southeast of Paris in east central Lamar County. A post office operated there from 1893 to 1904. In 1906 the Tollette school had an enrollment of fifty-five. The community comprised a population of thirty and two businesses in 1933. After World War II many of the residents moved out of the area, and by the mid-1960s the stores had closed. In the early 1990s Tollette was a dispersed rural community.