TIVYDALE, TEXAS. Tivydale is on the Pedernales River fourteen miles west of Fredericksburg in western Gillespie County. It was originally known as Bunkesville or Pumpkinville and was renamed for Joseph A. Tivy, who sold land in the Pedernales River valley between 1877 and 1885. For one dollar Tivy later gave 43½ acres for the local school. The Bunkesville Band, a local musical group specializing in German music, was still active in 1947. The population of Tivydale, estimated at fifteen in 1933, had risen to thirty by 1949. The population estimate remained the same through the following decade and a half.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Martin Donell Kohout, "TIVYDALE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt25), accessed April 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.