SORGHUMVILLE, TEXAS. Sorghumville, off Farm Road 230 six miles southwest of Lovelady in southern Houston County, was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the settlement comprised a church and a number of houses; local children attended school at nearby Prairie Point. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a few widely scattered houses remained at the site. In the early 1990s Sorghumville was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "SORGHUMVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsna), accessed May 23, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.