SHADY GROVE, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)
SHADY GROVE, TEXAS (Nacogdoches County). Shady Grove, on Farm Road 2112 eight miles east of Nacogdoches in eastern Nacogdoches County, was settled before 1900. A school was in operation there by 1904, when it had an enrollment of fifty-nine. During the mid-1930s Shady Grove had the school, two churches, a store, and a number of houses. The school later closed, and after World War II most of the residents moved away. In the early 1990s two churches and a cemetery still remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "SHADY GROVE, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrsfq), accessed April 20, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.