ST. VIOLA, TX
ST. VIOLA, TEXAS. St. Viola is a church community at the intersection of Farm roads 2767 and 2908, four miles east of Tyler in central Smith County. It is bordered by Antioch Branch to the north and Harris Creek to the west. In 1936 the community consisted of a church, a cemetery, two businesses, and twelve dwellings at the crossing of two dirt roads. By 1952 local children attended classes within the Chapel Hill Independent School District. A 1972 map showed a church, a cemetery, and a sizeable collection of homes at St. Viola. The community was still shown on the 1981 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "ST. VIOLA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrscq), accessed March 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.