SHILOH, TX (WILLIAMSON COUNTY)
SHILOH, TEXAS (Williamson County). Shiloh is at the intersection of Farm roads 112 and 486, twelve miles southeast of Taylor in southeastern Williamson County. In 1856 a Baptist church was founded not far from the site, and a schoolhouse, called Eckman School, was built near the church before 1892. The Eckman School had seventy-three pupils in 1903 and was consolidated with the Taylor system in 1949. The church was moved in 1908 to the present site of the community. Shiloh also had a store, which closed in the late 1960s. Shiloh Baptist Church received a historical marker in 1968. The community consisted of a church and a collection of scattered residences in 2000.
Historical marker files, Texas Historical Commission, Austin (Shiloh Baptist Church) Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "SHILOH, TX (WILLIAMSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrs36), accessed May 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.