RED FLAT, TX
RED FLAT, TEXAS. Red Flat, a rural community ten miles northwest of Nacogdoches on Farm Road 343 in western Nacogdoches County, was established after the Civil War. A school was in operation by 1904, when it had an enrollment of twenty-four. During the 1930s Red Flat had a school and a number of houses. The school was closed around the time of World War II. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses and a church remained in the area. No population estimates were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "RED FLAT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrqq), accessed October 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.