ROBARDS, TEXAS. Robards was on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad eight miles northwest of downtown San Antonio in Bexar County. It was settled around 1900 as a flagstop on the railroad. In the mid-1930s Robards had a depot, a store, and a number of houses; the children attended nearby Lockhill School. With the growth of San Antonio after World War II the settlement gradually lost its separate identity, and by the 1960s it no longer appeared on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ROBARDS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrkr), accessed April 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.