REDTOWN, TX (ANGELINA COUNTY)
REDTOWN, TEXAS (Angelina County). Redtown is on Farm Road 1819 fourteen miles west of Lufkin in western Angelina County. The settlement was founded around 1900. A post office operated under the name Red from 1906 to 1907. In the mid-1930s Redtown had two churches, a school, and a store. Many residents have since left the area, but in the early 1990s there were still two churches and a cemetery at the site. In 2000 the population was fifty.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "REDTOWN, TX (ANGELINA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrrgl), accessed April 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.