ROUND FLAT, TX
ROUND FLAT, TEXAS. Round Flat, also known as Sullivan, twelve miles northeast of Canton in northeast Van Zandt County, had a local school by 1905 that reached a high enrollment of fifty-three and was consolidated with the Fruitvale Independent School District by the 1950s. State highway maps of 1936 showed the school, a church, and scattered dwellings at the townsite, but by 1987 only the church remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "ROUND FLAT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/HRR80), accessed March 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.