RAINEY'S CHAPEL, TX
RAINEY'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. Rainey's Chapel, just west of Farm Road 859 six miles north of Canton in north central Van Zandt County, had a school that reached an enrollment of thirty-one in 1904 and was consolidated with the Edgewood Independent School District by the 1950s. State highway maps of 1936 indicated a church and scattered dwellings at the townsite; in 1987 the church and scattered residences remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "RAINEY'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr79), accessed April 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.